Who said that Heaven couldn’t be discovered on our planet? It is in the northwest of Tahiti and the South Pacific, and it goes by the name of Bora Bora. This secluded island’s beauty is unfathomable, and its sandy beaches and clear waters make it a magical place to visit.
Bora Bora tropical vacations are one of the most talked-about and searched topics on the internet. Moreover, it is also a sought-after place for adventure seekers, families, and honeymooners.
But there are very few people who know the right month and weather to visit Bora Bora. So that is why we are here today.
Island of Bora Bora
This island is considered the jewel of French Polynesia that has the power to bewitch you once you set your foot on Bora Bora.
Even though this magical island has become the most popular destination for a honeymoon, it is suitable for all sorts of vacations.
You will be truly mesmerized by the lavish wooden huts or bungalows settled above the blue transparent waters, secluded beaches, hillsides, and green lush trees. This spectacular location is a place that you and your family will never forget.
Throughout the entire year, the best weather Bora Bora has is summer.
Are you wondering, can I visit Bora Bora on a low budget?
In this read, we will talk about the best time, month, and weather to visit this tropical island while considering your budget.
So let’s get into the details.
Why should you visit Bora Bora
Any month is a good month to go to Bora Bora because the weather is pleasant and warm all year round. The best time to visit this paradise depends on what kind of activities you want to do and the spots you want to see. Below we have listed the best time to go to Bora Bora for:
- For your honeymoon: Bora Bora is worth visiting if you are planning to go during your honeymoon, and the best season to visit with your partner is in the summer season.
- Snorkelling: If you are an adventure lover, then you can visit Bora Bora between May and October. You can enjoy snorkelling in these months when the water is clean and calm.
- Diving: Similar to snorkeling, diving can be enjoyed during the summer season too.
- Hiking:Bora Bora is warm all 12 months, but if you want to go hiking and other outdoor activities, then it is ideal to travel between July to August because these are the coolest months.
- For Saving Money: Want to save your money? Then, avoid visiting Bora Bora in the peak seasons such as Christmas/New Year period, local school holidays (especially in October), and June to August. During this time, all the resorts and hotels are bursting, and nobody wants to wait for hours to book a hotel.
- Sightseeing: If you are planning to go to Bora Bora with your family, then you need to consider two major factors. The first aspect is that this island gets costly and busy in the times of mid-December to mid-January, June, July, and August. The second thing is the wet season, which can last from November to April. At this time of the year, heavy rains are expected.
- Outdoor Activities: As we all know, that our outdoor activities depend on the weather. So if you want to enjoy every minute doing fun things outside your resort or hotel, then avoid flying to Bora Bora in the wet season (November to April). And the humidity during these months can make you really uncomfortable.
- Beaches: Are you a beach bum? If yes, then you can travel to Bora Bora during the dry season (May to October), where the average water temperatures are around 24°C to 26°C.
The optimal time to do outdoor activities is when the island is the driest, and that is from June to September.
Best Time to visit Bora Bora
Let’s check out the best time to go to Bora Bora to enjoy other activities in the chart below:
|Best Time to Visit In The Year
|May, September, and October
|Best Time for Good Weather
|May to October
|Best Time for Sightseeing
|May, September, and October
|Best Time for Honeymoons
|May to October
|Best Time for Diving & Snorkeling
|April, May, September, and October
Did you notice that September is the most common month to do all the fun things in Bora Bora?
So, if you are confused about when to visit this beautiful island, then we recommend you to go in September. Why should you go then?
Bora Bora Weather In September
Well, Bora Bora weather September is really good [average temperature varying between 28.6°C (83.5°F) and 24°C (75.2°F) and water temperature is 26.8°C (80.2°F) and 65.5mm (2.58″)], and fewer people flock here in this month. Plus, there is no traffic, and the cost of the resort and hotels is low.
So September is considered the best time to visit this island by many travelers who want to enjoy all the amenities and avoid the bustling crowd.
But if you are one of those who want to enjoy the Bora Bora rainy season, then you can arrive here in the wet season.
Furthermore, the average rainfall in Bora Bora is about 1,900 millimeters mm (76 inches), and the best time to travel to this iconic destination to witness rain is from June to September.
Are you questioning what are the top activities to do on this island?
Then please read on!
What to do in Bora Bora
Here you will find the best things to do, which you can sketch in your album of memories forever.
1. Stay at the luxurious bungalows
2. Swimming with Sharks and Manta Rays
3. Go on a photo expedition
4. Go Scuba Diving
5. Go parasailing with your friends
6. Have a private Motu picnic with your Family
7. Go to a Polynesian Dinner Show and enjoy a fire dance performance
8. Admire the Beautiful Otemanu Mountain
9. Go Jet Skiing
10. Enjoy the overwater spa
11. Lay on the hammocks
12. Have a romantic dinner with your partner
So there you have it, fellas! We hope you enjoyed reading this informative article about traveling to Bora Bora. Choosing the right month and weather will help you to cut your expenses and enjoy more activities. Make sure to book the flights and make reservations one month before going to your destination.
Before flying to the island, make sure to take a good SPF cream along with you. So grab your stuff and pack your bags and get ready to have the best time of your life in Bora Bora.
Have a great time in Bora Bora!
Related Post: Overwater Bungalows In Turks And Caicos